Friday 12 April 2013

USB Robotic Arm kit

Flesh Based Arms are so 2008

In the future every home will have a sophisticated robot arm. You know... to do the dishes, walk the dog, and assemble Lego kits for us. But waiting for the future always takes so long, which is why I picked up the Edge Robotic Arm Kit from maplin. With a bit of tinkering, and no soldering I'll have a passable replacement for my own meaty appendage. Five axes of robotic movement are at my command. I will be able to command the gripper to open and close, wrist motion of 120 degrees, an extensive elbow range of 300 degrees, base rotation of 270 degrees, base motion of 180 degrees, vertical reach of 15 inches, horizontal reach of 12.6 inches, and lifting capacity of 100g. whew! An LED spotlight on the gripper illuminates what I intend to pickup.

I plan to run the robotic arm using the raspberry pi but right now I need to build it and get it up and running before the fun can start .

I will post with updates


No comments:

Post a Comment